This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
We’re looking for proactive and eager Account Managers to join our team in Amsterdam. In an intensive onboarding period we will prepare you for your role where you'll drive the business opportunities for some of the world's leading companies. We will provide you with opportunities to learn all about the world of payments and the unique platform we provide. Once you're ready, you’ll be managing relationships and driving growth with Adyen’s existing client base in the Netherlands and international merchants.
What you’ll do
- Be the main point of contact for your merchants and proactively build relationships that are founded on trust and will last under pressure.
- Power the growth of your merchants, through proactive advice on Adyen’s products and services as well as the international payments landscape.
- Identify beneficial (commercial) opportunities with the merchant, and drive commercial growth of your merchant.
- Power the growth of your merchants in multiple channels, through proactive advisory of Adyen’s products and services as well as the international payments landscape.
- Work closely with the other Adyen offices around the globe on all levels and in all departments. Work with technical, legal, financial and sales teams to develop and understand the relevance of new features for merchants based on merchant needs
- Collaborate with Adyen employees and resources on internal and customer facing projects.
- A proactive and eager learner. At Adyen you are the owner of your own growth
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all organisational levels and functions, both inside and outside of Adyen;
- Have 2-5 years of relevant experience in customer success, support or account management with complex enterprise software, technical infrastructure or financial services
- A natural-born networker with high energy, you are a confident self-starter with a proven commercial edge, entrepreneurial mindset and strong negotiation skills.
- Eager to learn and pro actively looking for opportunities to expand your knowledge
- Ability to interface seamlessly and autonomous with a global multicultural team (culturally aware, adjusts communication style to audiences)
- Completely fluent in English and another language would be a plus
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.