This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Have you always wanted to combine your software development skills with your passion for teaching? Do you have a flair for making tech education both interesting and exciting? And do you thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-changing, entrepreneurial environment? Then this might be the perfect job for you!
We’re searching for an experienced software engineer to design and deliver creative learning sessions to Adyen’s large and growing team of developers.
We want to find somebody who’s unafraid to question the status quo. Someone who takes complete ownership, and is ready to roll up their sleeves and help launch our newly-founded Tech Academy.
As a Tech Trainer, you’ll work closely with your direct colleagues and our various software development teams to create and facilitate training programs.
What you'll do:
- (Co)facilitate and deliver training - across cultures and timezones - for our developers on topics like Java development, front-end, databases, scalability, testing and architecture;
- Map out training plans and schedules, design and develop training materials for the entire software organization;
- Optimize our current training portfolio and ensure our trainings stay relevant, interactive, refreshing and impactful;
- Develop and provide “train the trainer” sessions;
- Help shape the future of the Adyen Tech Academy;
- Find innovative ways of measuring the impact of our learning solutions.
Who you are:
- You see yourself as a generalist when it comes to software engineering. You know a little bit of everything (back-end and front-end development) and you are eager to learn about new technologies, practices, and tools you do not know. In particular, you have a good knowledge of the Java ecosystem.
- Proven experience in software development. We want developers teaching our developers!
- Experience in building and delivering training sessions and/or workshops (or highly enthusiastic to start).
- You are a strong collaborator - you easily build networks and know how to work closely with your key stakeholders to create impact
- Preference to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment;
- You have strong organizational skills - you know how to manage big projects and you easily reach deadlines and milestones and are not afraid to “build as you go”;
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.