Product Manager, Acquiring (North America)
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re charting our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you?
Product Manager, Acquiring
At Adyen, we divide payment methods merchants offer to their customers into two camps: acquiring and local payment methods. Acquiring encompasses the major credit card networks (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, etc.) and local payment methods catch everything else. We need a dynamic individual ready to distill numerous merchant requests and ever changing business regulations into a business case with a plan for scaled adoption and clear requirements. Externally, you will work with the partnership manager to cultivate relationships with networks, merchants, and partners. Internally, you will be guiding the Development team on implementation and working with Account Management, Sales, Marketing, and Support teams to drive adoption of your product.
What you’ll do:
- Product Management: Work collaboratively with development resources, partners and merchants to introduce new payment methods and/or enhancement to existing acquiring methods - all with a focus on building for all merchants and iterating rapidly.
- Business and Technical Analysis: Identify what new payment methods have to offer, and how they would fit into Ayden's overall product offering.
- Knowledge sharing: Enable the rest of the organisation to use all aspects of the Adyen product you are developing/managing to the maximum, by passing on your knowledge including technical (features), commercial (pricing) and competition.
- Commercial Guidance: Create effective follow on materials for our global commercial teams so that they understand how the resulting products work and how they can speak to them with their prospects.
- Technical Proposals: Scope a varying degree of projects, from small improvements and bug fixes to large changes in infrastructure and product. Be able to create a technical proposal that can be delivered to the developer for implementation.
- Project Tracking and Implementation: Drive proper project tracking and the continual implementation of needed tasks; ensure that there is a source of truth for the tasks at hand.
Who you are:
- Hands on Product Manager with results-oriented track record: Experience with payments is a plus;
- 5+ years of dedicated product management experience;
- Experience with programming and/or data analysis is a plus;
- Previous experience seeing projects through from beginning to end and owning the entire process
- Exceptional people skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Adyen;
- Ability to work seamlessly with a global, multicultural team;
- Proven record of high performance managing complex initiatives to achieve outstanding results.
- A strong understanding of the importance of data, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. We provide a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the ten largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records