This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Adyen is looking for a Risk Officer for our San Francisco office. This is a customer-facing role and the main focus will be protecting and educating our merchants, as well as internal stakeholders regarding fraud and chargebacks. This role will act as Adyen’s subject matter expert on chargebacks and fraud mitigation.
What you’ll do
- Monitor fraud and chargeback levels for the North America portfolio and provide proactive notifications to wider Risk Team, merchants, and partners.
- Communicate guidance related to risk and chargebacks to merchants and internal teams.
- Understand card scheme rules/regulations and internal procedures that affect risk, fraud and dispute processing.
- Support merchants leveraging our RevenueProtect solution to optimize authorization rates while maintaining low fraud levels.
- Generate reports and insights regarding chargebacks and fraud.
- Analyze payment data to discover anomalies and trends for fraud and chargeback prevention.
- Work with the product and development teams in order to generate platform enhancements that can assist in fraud prevention and mitigation.
- Partner with commercial teams in order to demonstrate our risk solution to clients.
Who you are
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in payments risk or chargeback role.
- You have a solid knowledge of fraud, chargeback and scheme rules.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- You have a high level of self-motivation, always looking for ways to improve and make our processes more efficient.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience.
- Bonus points if you have experience creating impactful dashboards using BI tools and SQL or Python.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records