This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique challenges and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
Technical Support Engineer
Adyen is looking for a driven and curious Technical Support Engineer with 1-4 years experience to strengthen our growth in JAPAC. Within our team in Singapore, you'll be the first point of contact for our merchants across the globe (in particular, Japan), working with multiple teams, such as Sales, Account Management and (Product) Development. You'll have autonomy in your role and ownership to improve and speak up, and - hopefully - have a lot of fun while doing it.
What you’ll do
- Provide our customers with all the help and instruments they need in order for them to successfully take payments anywhere in the world
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices
- Support merchant technical personnel, leveraging knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot technical problems and create the best possible merchant experience
- Advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices and address specific merchants’ issues
- Serve as a feedback loop for the organisation by gathering merchants’ feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to the product teams
Who you are
- You’re able to troubleshoot technical problems, read application logs and find solutions to complex errors
- You love to provide assistance to others via phone, web-based tools or email, and to be regarded as a technical expert
- You love to learn new things, be it product, technology or process and are quickly able to adapt them into your work flows
- You get a sense of achievement from solving problems, and from helping people; a great customer experience is at the heart of what you do
- You can work independently, and you have a proven record of learning or working with technology that interests you
- You’re a team player, and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs
- You’re driven, an enthusiastic collaborator, and ready to give and receive feedback
- You make quick, but informed decisions, even under pressure and can prioritise tasks appropriately based on urgency or necessity
- You have experience with, or a keen interest in, internet technologies and technical processes - think for example web or application development, writing scripts or coding in PHP, Python or Java
- You have the ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences)
- You're fluent in English and Japanese. For non-native speakers: you need to prove you have full professional or bilingual proficiency
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.