This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Regulatory Legal Counsel
Our fast-paced Regulatory Legal team is looking for a legal counsel with experience in the payments and/or finance industry. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, legal, finance, tax and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
What you'll do:
- Dealing and managing relationships with our regulators in India
- Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders on general legal and regulatory risks
- Monitor regulatory developments in India and advise on its impact to Adyen
- Manage various regulatory requests and filings
- Draft and negotiate various Adyen agreements with partners and merchants
- Represent compliance and regulatory on a variety of workstreams and products to establish regulatory strategies that align with global objectives and ensure controlled and compliant growth;
- Consider opportunities and risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliant solutions that align with commercial and strategic objectives;
- Analyze regulatory policies, guidelines and reports, bills and acts, licensing and authorization requirements pertaining to payments and financial services industry in India;
- Build and maintain relationship with key government and regulatory stakeholders for effective, timely and transparent communication;
- Represent Adyen at various industry events, panel discussions and seminars to advise on the company's perspective on important subject matters.
Who you are:
- You are legally qualified in India, and should have at least 5-7 years of post qualified experience in a regulatory role or within a global company;
- You have some working knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry;
- You are an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth;
- You have solid interpersonal skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures;
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business;
- Due to the current Covid-19 situation with closed borders and border restrictions, you must already reside in Mumbai, India.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!