This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
The U.S. General Counsel’s Organization at Adyen is seeking an Associate Attorney to join our legal team in San Francisco, CA. The mission of the U.S. General Counsel’s Organization is to protect Adyen’s vision through legal and compliance expertise and strategic advice. This helps our U.S. Sales and Account Management teams to manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on Adyen’s offering of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the interconnectivity between the U.S. General Counsel’s Organization and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
What you’ll do:
- Work across a spectrum of legal, business, and strategic issues
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements of various types
- Answer to subpoenas and investigations
- Work with our Account Management team to resolve issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Work with teams across Adyen, including Sales, Account Management, and Risk
- Collaborate with our legal team on strategic initiatives to help us increase the efficacy and efficiency of our legal team
- This role is based out of our San Francisco office
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English
Who you are:
- 2+ years, in good standing, of relevant experience in a law firm, or in-house legal team
- An attorney in good standing with the California or New York Bar
- You have solid people skills, specifically you will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey advice clearly and synthesize complex issues
- You are a self-starter and have the ability to thrive in a start-up environment with the ability to work independently and run things like your own business.
- Self-motivated, driven, reliable, adaptable and detail-oriented.
Who we are:
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records