This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Our engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges.
Product growth engineers focus on our internal platform, to keep it scalable, reliable and secure. We strategically identify technical challenges and build solutions ourselves.
Multiple streams within Adyen focus on the operational side of payment processing such as Know your customer (KYC) solutions, support tools or automated merchant onboarding. You will partner together with internal stakeholders to minimize manual work by automation. We expect you to challenge current processes, be a strong communicator, understand how people work and how to improve the way they work. You might be working on new features for our back office application, improving the performance of existing frameworks or building automation APIs which enable platform growth in a scalable way.
As a product growth engineer you will work with internal operational teams as your stakeholders and help them scale their teams using automation. Payments can be of extreme operational complexity; operational teams at Adyen have very strong engineers and payment experts. We expect you to challenge current processes, be a strong communicator, understand how people work and how to improve the way they work. You might be working on new features for our internal backoffice, improving its performance, optimizing our payment method setup APIs and tools, creating new internal tools with a focus on automation and scalability.
Who you are:
- You have experience with Core Java, Web Services (RESTful) and SQL/PostgreSQL
- You enjoy working on automation and improvement of internal processes with cross-functional teams
- You are able to define, implement and monitor performance KPIs to quickly identify opportunities for improvement in existing systems
- You understand that your work may impact (human) work processes and are able to test and plan for safe and sound rollout
- You drive improvements to make the system more fault-tolerant and better scalable
- You drive positive culture change and improving operational efficiencies, for example by deploying new techniques, technologies, or workflows
- You like to challenge the status quo and ask the ‘why’ question
- You enjoy to work together with Product Designers and Frontend Engineers
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.