This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum.
Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Adyen is currently experiencing exponential global growth, handling millions of transactions every single day. The Security Team is responsible for detecting and responding to threats, developing and maintaining security controls, designing and implementing strategies to secure our payment platform, and building security culture throughout the company.
We are looking for a Security Engineer with a strong understanding of software engineering and vulnerability management challenges. This position will be responsible for defining and overseeing our Penetration testing program as a whole to make sure that our coverage and frequency matches our risk appetite and all applicable compliance requirements.
In this role, you will work closely with Adyen's development and Infrastructure teams to empower our colleagues to maintain a high security posture of our stack by organizing comprehensive testing activities and promoting ownership in our first line teams.
What you’ll do
- Organize and oversee appropriate penetration testing activities across the whole stack
- Organize red/blue team engagements in collaboration with wider engineering teams
- Respond to externally reported vulnerabilities, performing triaging and validation together with appropriate internal stakeholders
- Implement initiatives to make our colleagues aware about best practices, potentially organizing fun activities like CTFs or internal penetration tests.
- Drive implementation of automated/structural controls to reduce friction and operational burden (read architecting DevSecOps processes) based on findings
- Provide visibility of all penetration testing activities and existing risks both to internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
- You enjoy setting up a vision and seeing it through completion about how Pentesting activities should be conducted in a modern tech business
- You enjoy the managing the whole program, setting expectations and reporting status to both peers and management
- You are passionate about security and have hands-on experience as a penetration tester or managing pentesting activities
- You can understand technical security issues, verify them and advise on appropriate remediation strategies
- You understand that findings are fixed by colleagues in other teams and as such you build strong relationships to accomplish this
- You can assess findings to propose appropriate prioritization and acceptable risk levels
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. We are the only provider of a modern end-to-end payments infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves 9 of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
We offer a competitive salary, internal knowledge-sharing events, a global exchange program to other offices, relocation support, and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment, and take your career to the next level!