This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Commercial Strategy & Operations Specialist
As a CS&O specialist, you are responsible for co-creating our commercial growth plans and enabling their realization. You dive into the vision, mission and plans of different commercial teams and work together to help them succeed. You do this by e.g. co-creating their strategy, defining what success looks like and tracking efforts against their goals. You play the role of an objective challenger. Numbers and facts are at the core of everything you do, making your role vital in creating a data-driven commercial organization.
Simultaneously, your ambition is to optimize commercial operations to make the achievement of strategic goals more effective and efficient while maintaining our culture. You aim to take the admin burden off our teams and enable them to focus on doing their job as well as possible. You will find yourself designing, executing and managing several cross-functional projects touching Marketing, Partnerships, Sales Development, Sales and Account Management across the globe. You switch between high level planning and the actual specific operational implementation. You will be rolling out successful designs into other countries to drive scalable growth.
What you’ll do
- Develop a thorough understanding of the global commercial organization
- Co-creating commercial goals and strategies with teams, helping the team leads and their teams to define and sharpen their plans based on internal data and market research
- Deep-diving into data to spot growth opportunities as well as risks or challenges to be addressed; co-design follow-up actions
- Analyzing data in order to track performance against goals to find out how things have been done (and should be done!)
- Evaluating ways of working and day to day activities, and understand potential levers that result in the most efficient and effective ways of succeeding
- Joining teams in the actual operations to conduct research projects, pilots; both experiment and prove together how things should be done to be successful
- Understanding how tools and software solutions can be used to help a commercial function scale
- You help centralize what makes sense across Adyen globally - tools, ways of working, dashboards - while enabling teams locally to be most effective in any given market
- Advocate the mindset that the way we do things is founded on data; we measure and learn, always with the purpose of showing how teams and individuals can get the most out of their roles
- You make sure your learnings flow back into the organization (for instance through our Commercial Academy)
- You have 2-5 years of experience as a strategy consultant and/or project manager in a commercial setting
- You have a strong affinity for numbers and live by an analytical approach
- You are an experienced problem solver; you identify challenges independently and can design and implement innovative solutions
- You are flexible in how you approach different stakeholders & topics and are always very hands-on in getting things done
- You have experience with go-to-market strategies, business cases and market studies
- You are comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where you will be driving multiple projects whilst continuously evaluating and prioritizing them to maximize impact
- Preferred experience with Salesforce, Looker (and/or SQL) or other business intelligence tools
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role and looking for a next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!