This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. Our merchants’ demands shape our development path, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading
Adyen is at the forefront of payment technology powering the payment processing of the world's largest companies. We build products for all sizes of companies located anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a passionate coder, writer, and communicator to help drive our developer experience at Adyen. We expect you to be at the forefront with our developer communities, providing them with the tools and examples needed to build integrations while also providing back their feedback to our product and engineering teams.
You will be part of our development team based in San Francisco. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry's most advanced and robust platform.
What you'll do
- Champion Adyen, by engaging both online and in-person through popular developer sites and communities, as well as hosting and participating in community events.
- Build example integrations, code examples, and libraries in multiple languages to help developers use and understand Adyen's products and features.
- Contribute to our technical documentation and tech blog.
- Be the voice of the developer, gathering feedback and sharing it with internal stakeholders.
- Work with a global team; this includes traveling internationally to visit our different offices or participate and run events.
Who you are
- You are comfortable with full-stack development and know one or more of the following languages or runtimes:
- Java, Python, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, .NET, Swift, ObjC
- Familiar with GitHub and version control systems.
- Experienced technical writer, writing or blogging on technical articles.
- Passionate about new technologies and have conversational knowledge of the following topics:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL/NoSQL
- API Design principles: REST, RPC, Idempotency
- Cloud or distributed computing: AWS/Azure/GCP, streaming, replication
- Unix systems
- Encryption standards
- Experience working with both development and product teams.
- Background in event production, including hosting, organizing and participating in developer community events.
- Knowledge in payments or fintech.
- Contribution to opensource projects.
- This role is based out of our San Francisco office.
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
What we do
Check out our Adyen Tech blog on Medium special edition on "Improving the developer experience with OpenAPI Specification": https://bit.ly/2PYm011
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records