This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We put our merchants at the center of everything we do, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary – “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Regulatory Legal and Compliance Officer
Our fast-paced Regulatory team is looking for an experienced compliance officer with experience in the payments and/or finance industry. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, legal, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
What you’ll do
- Proactively identify and assess regulatory oversight and compliance requirements applicable to company’s business in India and extend necessary support in meeting the obligations;
- Translate identified obligations into relevant internal policies and procedures, communicate and work towards implementation of the same across global businesses;
- Coordinate with internal teams and ensure timely regulatory and compliance reporting to government and regulatory stakeholders in India;
- Represent regulatory affairs and compliance function across work streams and products to develop necessary strategies to ensure controlled and compliant growth;
- Identify opportunities and risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliance solutions that align with commercial and strategic objectives;
- Scan and analyze political and legislative horizon to predict policy developments, seek necessary policy intervention and offer market intelligence to influence public policy;
- Analyze regulatory policies, guidelines and reports, bills and acts, licensing and authorization requirements pertaining to payments and financial services industry in India;
- Develop, implement and lead a robust government engagement plan, public policy objectives, regulatory outreach and political priorities for company in India;
- Build and maintain relationship with key government and regulatory stakeholders for effective, timely and transparent communication;
- Engage on an ongoing basis with the RBI (DPSS, DoR, DoS, FED), Ministries (MeitY, MoF, MoC) and Government Departments (DEA, DFS, DoR, DPIIT, Invest India).
- Build and maintain relationships with key international agencies and institutions having influence in the area of digital payments, financial inclusion and economic development.
- Advise the Country Manager on an ongoing basis on the regulatory developments, policy priorities and other measures that may impact company’s business in India.
- Represent Adyen at various industry events, panel discussions and seminars to share company’s perspective on important subject matters.
- Contribute on policy related matters to key decision makers in the government and think tanks on digital payments, financial technologies and financial inclusion.
- Facilitate meetings with key government and regulatory stakeholders for senior executives of the company to rightly position company priorities in India.
- Build and manage relationships with industry associations (IBA, PCI, IAMAI, CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, etc.) consultants and high commission etc.
Who you are
- You have 5-7 years’ experience in regulatory, legal and/or second line compliance functions;
- Practicing lawyers a plus;
- Your knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry will be well established;
- You have working knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry;
- You will be an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth;
- You will have solid inter-personal skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures;
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
- Due to cross-border controls and restrictions, you must already currently reside in Mumbai and do not require a working visa sponsorship
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!