This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Platform Reliability Engineering
We provide our merchants a single platform, capable of meeting the rapidly evolving needs of today's fast-growing global businesses. To meet merchants’ high expectations on platform availability and reliability, Adyen has adopted and embedded principles from the Site Reliability Engineering discipline, offering an environment whereby intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness are key drivers for success.
As a Platform Reliability Engineer you will combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. You will focus on optimizing critical internal, and external systems, as well as on reducing work through automation.
What you’ll do
- You will work on automating operations, including infrastructure changes and releases by enhancing our existing Ansible and Puppet-based solution.
- You will help designing, analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Sustainably scale systems through mechanisms like automation, and evolve these systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability.
Who you are
- Experience: You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Technology: You have a solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code, as well as Unix/Linux operating systems
- Skills: Able to identify and drive improvements to make the system more fault-tolerant and better scalable, and work cross-functionally to implement those improvements.
- Knowledge: You can practice sustainable incident response handling, and blameless postmortems, and have the ability and desire to debug, and optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Mentality: You are a team-player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions, take ownership, and handle pressure;
- Language: You are able to communicate well in English.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!