This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Technical Support Engineer
Adyen is looking for a driven and curious Technical Support Engineer, with 1-2 years of experience to strengthen our growth in Australia and New Zealand. Within our team in Sydney, you will be the first point of contact for our merchants across the globe, working with multiple teams, such as Sales, Account Management and (Product) Development. You'll have autonomy in your role and ownership to improve and speak up, and - hopefully - have a lot of fun while doing it.
What you’ll do
- Provide our customers - merchants - with all the help and tools they need in order to successfully take payments anywhere in the world.
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices.
- Support merchant technical personnel, leveraging knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot technical problems and create the best possible merchant experience.
- Advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices and also address specific merchants’ issues.
- Serve as a feedback loop for the organization, by gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel.
- This position is based in Sydney and reports to the Technical Support Team Lead for AU & NZ.
Who you are
- You are able to troubleshoot technical problems, read application logs and find solutions to complex errors.
- You love to provide assistance to others via phone, web-based tools or email, and to be regarded as a technical expert.
- You love to learn new things, be it product, technology or process and are quickly able to adapt them into your work flows.
- You get a sense of achievement from solving problems, and from helping people; a great customer experience is at the heart of what you do.
- You are self-reliant and can work independently, and you have a proven record of learning or working with technology that interests you.
- You are a team player, and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs
- You are driven, an enthusiastic collaborator, and ready to give and receive feedback.
- You make quick, but informed decisions, even under pressure and can prioritize tasks appropriately based on urgency or necessity.
- You have experience with, or a keen interest in, internet technologies and technical processes - think for example web or application development, writing scripts or coding in PHP, Python or Java.
- You have the ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences).
- You are fluent in English. For non-native English speakers: you need to prove you have full professional or bilingual proficiency.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!