This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Product Data Analyst
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our team in Amsterdam. In this role, you will be looking to leverage our Big Data infrastructure to deliver actionable insights both internally and externally. This is a very dynamic role that will have you wearing multiple hats throughout your week. You could be the technical master working side by side with data scientists on machine learning projects, the BI master that builds out dashboards for internal insights or the product master that helps shape the products we offer in a data driven way. We will try to help you find your most effective path that will leverage your skills and interests.
- Optimize payment processing quality for the benefit of our full client base
- Building the backend for and delivering insights for your team or Adyen’s merchants
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists and product managers to test, iterate, and measure impact of proposed solutions
- Connect with a diverse set of merchants worldwide, and gain an in depth understanding of the most complex problems facing the FinTech world today
- Performing analyses for any internal team within Adyen if the need arises
- Provide our Sales and AM teams with relevant insights to close deals or drive new volume within existing markets.
Who you are
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strike good balance between technical and commercial understanding
- Excellent in communication of complex data or technical functionality with commercial or client teams
- Familiar with data analysis languages such as Python (preferred), R or Matlab
- Feel comfortable writing queries in SQL
- Experience with big data tooling i.e. Pyspark / Hadoop / Airflow is a big plus
- Experience with BI tools, Looker specifically is a plus
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
If you still feel this is not the right role for you, please check our ETL engineer role. How about sharing it with a friend or colleague who might be interested?