This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Scheme Operations Analyst
In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to and whether this is in line with Card Scheme regulations and our risk appetite. The Scheme Operations team is responsible for ensuring that our merchants are compliant with these regulations.
The Scheme Operations team is based in Amsterdam and works closely with its counterparts in Singapore, San Francisco and Brazil, as well as our Compliance department in Amsterdam. You will join a young and fast-growing team where a lot of processes are not set in stone. You are somebody who takes ownership, learns fast and has a critical mind as you are always looking for ways to optimize our risk-control efforts. Besides providing ongoing guidance to our Merchants, Underwriting and Commercial teams, you will also be in direct contact with the card schemes, such as Visa and Mastercard.
What you’ll do:
- You will join a young and growing team.
- Take ownership over our operational merchant risk management (with a focus on the compliancy related risks).
- Set up new processes to monitor our merchant portfolio against card scheme rules.
- Manage non-compliance notifications from the card schemes. Work closely with our Merchants, Account Managers, Card Schemes and other stakeholders to solve these cases quickly.
- Identify relevant card scheme rule updates and provide ongoing guidance to our merchants and internal teams, including Underwriting, Sales and Account Management.
- Work as an intermediary between the Compliance department and other teams.
- Help internal teams establish strategies that align with global objectives to ensure controlled and sustainable growth of the business.
Who you are:
- previous experience with issuing will be considered a plus
- You are detail oriented and organized
- You are a self-starter and have the ability to thrive in a start-up environment with minimal supervision and run things like your own business.
- Knowledge of scheme rules, with specific experience in e-commerce landscape is a plus but not required
- Ability to convey compliance and card scheme requirements to our merchants and commercial teams
- Natural sense of urgency, there is no tomorrow
- Solid people skills, specifically you will be able to collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Possess sound judgment and flexibility in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!