This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Adyen is looking for a DataOps Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. Our on premise platforms are growing at a fast pace. You will operate as part of a group of data engineers, developers and data scientists, and work together on the core data infrastructure on a global scale.
You will be challenged with the fast growth needs of Adyen, by the different teams across the company and to bring innovative solutions everyday. You’ll be asked to improve the current stack and support several highly skilled teams of data scientists and data engineers.
What you will do
- Create, maintain and iterate on the current data infrastructure
- Anticipate on growth and look for structural changes required in the big-data offering at Adyen
- Work closely with users of the data infrastructure and arrive at pragmatic solutions, in line with standards used throughout the infrastructure group
Who you are
- Background: you have a solid background with designing, scaling and maintaining data infrastructure solutions, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment.
- Technology: you must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Yarn, HDFS) with Spark, securing cluster with Ranger and Kerberos, along with automation tools such as Ansible/Puppet
- Experience: building, testing and maintaining data infrastructure for enterprise level data lake solutions in a Linux based production environment
- Knowledge: solid understanding of data lake solutions and related infrastructure components
- Mentality: you are a team player who is open to feedback and have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Please also check the Data Engineer position.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!