This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Knowing Your Customer is no longer just a process that happens up front, with new merchants, but rather a continuous process for all live merchants. In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to and whether this is in line with rules, regulations and risk appetite. And all this in a scalable way.
Within the Merchant Monitoring team we are looking for somebody who can stand up to this exciting opportunity in a growing and dynamic business. You are somebody who takes ownership over this responsibility, tries to identify businesses in our portfolio that might pose an increased money laundering, terrorism financing or other compliance related risk to Adyen using our in-house built and maintained tooling, and then collaborates with the merchants and/or account manager to mitigate these risks accordingly. Your drive is to build a sustainable business through sustainable relationships with our merchants. You are somebody that can take full control over their own workflows, always looking to make the right ethical choice. You are looking to innovate, and be critical to find new and better insights into our portfolio.
What you’ll do
- Taking ownership over our operational merchant risk management (with a focus on the compliancy related risks)
- Making the right choices for both Adyen and our merchants
- Ad-hoc analysis of and investigations into merchants’ compliance risk profile
- Collaborating non-compliancy situations with account managers and merchants
- Identifying and improving gaps in our monitoring and operational risk-control efforts
Who you are
- 0 to 5 years of relevant experience in AML, transaction monitoring and/or transaction filtering
- Ability to collaborate while challenging the status quo and other people’s views
- Strong analytical skills and curiosity to understand things
- High working pace
- Natural sense of urgency, there is no tomorrow
- Excellent written and verbal communication. English fluency required
- Pre: Experience with payments and the financial industry
- Pre: Experience with regulatory and/or card scheme compliance
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Spotify, Birchbox, BlaBlacar, LeCab, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Etam, Vestiaire, Facebook, Uber, and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!