About the Role:
The Data Science Engineering (DSE) team is responsible for the economics of AdRoll’s core products. Our in-house machine learning frameworks run over hundreds of terabytes of data daily, ensuring our pricing engine stays fresh and accurate as it bids on billions of ad opportunities, dynamically making product recommendations, and selecting the best opportunities for our advertisers. ML Infrastructure members have a passion for technology and mathematics, and are responsible for setting up the systems architectures that feed and execute our machine learning algorithms at scale.
AdRoll engineers are afforded significant autonomy. ML Infrastructure engineers design their systems as they see fit, own their code, enable analysts to dive deep with ease, and ensure our hungry machine learning algorithms are fed. Beyond data pipelining, AdRoll DSE is also responsible for a variety of high-availability, high-QPS prediction servers that must return results on the order of milliseconds. ML Infrastructure engineers work on a variety of projects with data from disparate sources, but all at large scale.
- Design batch and real-time pipelines that generate predictive models for a variety of signals and tasks
- Design high-availability prediction servers with fast response times
- Create operational support tools for monitoring, managing and debugging production data flows
- Integrate with external data sources to feed into existing datasets
- Engineer data formats that help answer data analysis questions efficiently
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical disciplines
- 3+ years experience with C, C++, Java, or other performant language
- Experience with manipulating large datasets
- Solid experience in building scalable, high performance systems
- Experience in distributed computing frameworks and paradigms
- Proven ability to take high-level product requirements and distill them into technical solutions
- Enthusiasm to work in a vibrant, collaborative, and fast-paced engineering team
- Working knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Understanding of online ad industry
About AdRoll Group:
AdRoll Group has been on a mission to accelerate growth for companies, big and small, since 2007. Our technology powers a suite of data-driven marketing and advertising solutions, AdRoll - a growth platform for ambitious commerce companies and RollWorks - an account-based platform for ambitious B2B companies. AdRoll Group has empowered over 37,000 AdRoll and RollWorks customers worldwide to understand, attract and engage buyers, driving growth for their businesses.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Learn more at www.adrollgroup.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.