About the role:
AdRoll Group is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to drive the expansion of AdRoll Group’s data asset and introduction of our first customer facing data-related products, these initiatives represent the core of the strategy for the future of the AdRoll Group business. Due to the role's technical nature, high degree of innovation, cross-team influence and strategic importance, in this role you will report directly to the CTO.
As Principal Software Engineer you will be expected to guide the implementation and evolution of our data infrastructure and data asset from ingestion through to activation. AdRoll Group’s Principal Software Engineers have the responsibility to set the technical roadmap, define standards and guide implementation of infrastructure for multiple engineering teams.
- Define & build AdRoll Group's data infrastructure using a combination of market focused insight & exceptional intellect to uncover creative solutions to marketers’ problems
- Define & analyze critical metrics to inform decision-making & measure success
- Inform the product value proposition & success path to internal & external partners
- Evangelize & energize the company with real passion for the product
- Help the AdRoll BU and Rollworks BU to acquire more data, clean it and structure it for efficient use in all of our performance products, including non-media related ones.
- Collaborate with various teams in order to gather requirements, design architectural solutions, and execute on plans
- Work to implement complex, multi-faceted systems with the engineering team
- Make well-founded decisions on new technology and processes to adopt
- Setting technical roadmap and standards for data infrastructure
- Computer science degree
- 10+ years of experience working in software engineering
- Experience working on and building products on top of big data pipelines and large-scale datasets
- Expertise working with Python, Golang, Docker, and AWS
- Experience with columnar, relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in a low level programming language and optimization
- Exceptional written, verbal communication & presentation abilities. Can effectively summarize results & craft the “what does this mean for us” analysis
- A “get it done” mentality; A self starter with a discipline for defining priorities, driving decisions & getting closure on tasks and projects
- A bias towards speed when it comes to shipping products and features
- Contributions to the open source community
- Experience with machine learning
- Prior knowledge of or experience working with adtech/martech/data platform companies
- Experience with launching SaaS products with quantifiable revenue impact
About AdRoll Group:
AdRoll Group has been on a mission to accelerate growth for companies, big and small, since 2007. Our technology powers a suite of data-driven marketing and advertising solutions, AdRoll - a growth platform for ambitious commerce companies and RollWorks - an account-based platform for ambitious B2B companies. AdRoll Group has empowered over 37,000 AdRoll and RollWorks customers worldwide to understand, attract and engage buyers, driving growth for their businesses.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Learn more at www.adrollgroup.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.