Adrev (part of the Downtown Music Holdings family of companies) is seeking a Head of Finance to join our growing team. This position is a blend of accounting and FP&A. You will be providing complete and accurate numbers on a timely basis, while distilling the quantitative results, forecasts, and performance metrics to help the brand President make informed business decisions.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, all employees are working from home remotely. Employees should expect at least some attendance in the Sherman Oaks, CA office once it is safe to reopen (in line with state and local regulations).
Core Responsibilities: Accounting
- Manage and have oversight over all AdRev accounting operations.
- Directly own monthly, quarterly, and annual books.
- Manage hand-off of royalty accounting.
- Assist with the management of our AdRev royalties team to affect greater process controls over royalty accounting, financial reporting, and distributions.
- Monthly preparation of AdRev-level Balance Sheet, Income Statements and Cash Flows.
- Oversee the accounting / bookkeeping of core financial operations for AdRev including those related to T&E, intercompany operations, AR / AP processing, payroll, fixed and intangible assets, and cash management.
- Assist with the management and preparation of annual audits as they relate to AdRev (ie. chasing down audit requests, ensuring compliance with US GAAP, drafting memos on complex transactions).
- Liaise with tax counsel in preparing federal, state, local and special tax returns.
- Oversee and review deliverables from the foreign accounting team for AdRev’s affiliate entity based in France, Simbals (Simbals results are consolidated with AdRev when reported up to DMH).
- Implement proper internal controls across accounting and finance functions.
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs and procedures.
Core Responsibilities: Financial Reporting and FP&A
- Work with parent company Financial Reporting and FP&A teams on monthly and quarterly reporting packs, including TBs, detailed P&Ls, KPIs, budget to actual variances, advance portfolio returns, narratives, and cash-flow forecasts.
- Develop financial analysis as needed for new advance opportunities (including revenue forecasts and estimated IRRs that can be used for retroactive performance tracking).
- Management of enhanced cost structure reporting (departmental, fixed vs. variable, return on marketing spend).
- Own the annual AdRev operating budget creation.
- Build tracking around key revenue metrics and other performance indicating analytics.
- Crystalize pro forma run-rate vs. look-back GAAP financial metrics.
- Build enhanced revenue forecasting techniques.
- Assist Management in developing cases for new business efforts.
- Track advance performance at both the client and portfolio level.
- Work with operations to fold key operating metrics into holistic business reporting packs that will inform operating leverage performance.
- Work with department heads to ensure operating spend is in line with budgets (including approval of new hires start dates and compensation).
- Prepare financial packs and present financial results / forecasts / analyses at Quarterly Business Reviews.
- AdHoc financial and data analysis supporting initiatives and projects of AdRev President and DMH Finance.
- Develop and refine internal business models used to forecast growth drivers and efficiently manage cash flows.
- Prepare revenue projections and forecast operational expenses.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Possess a degree in Accounting or related area of study.
- Possess a CPA or equivalent accreditation.
- 5+ years public + private accounting experience.
- Experience in the music industry or other media royalties-based clients a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal control standards.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel. Skills with Excel macros, Power Query, Power Pivot, or Jet Analytics are a plus.
- Numerically obsessed, highly meticulous, and organized.
- Accountable and ownership over projects.
- Analytical and curious.
- Able to communicate financial information in a clear, professional manner.
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a welcoming, driven team
- Collaborative, open, and inclusive culture
- Small, tight-knit and supportive team environment
- Rich benefit program (see below)
- Career growth opportunities
- Various industry association memberships
- Profit sharing incentives based on company performance paid out on a quarterly basis
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits (available the first month after hire)
- 401(k) participation with company match
- Life insurance funded by the company
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
CAREER DEVELOPMENT / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, Adrev does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, age, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status or disability.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Adrev is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business and is an important principle of sound business management.
It is Company policy not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Any individual who can be reasonably accommodated for a job, without undue hardship, will be given the same consideration for that position as any other applicant. The People Team is responsible for implementing this policy, including resolution of reasonable accommodation, safety and undue hardship issues.