This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to design and engineer government systems that connect Veterans with services, bring affordable health care to millions of people, and support important programs like Head Start. And as we work to make critical government services intuitive, accessible, and human-centered, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology. If you thrive on change, want to help close the gap between consumer expectations and government services, and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
Our Assistant Controller assists the Controller and CFO in directing the accounting functions of Ad Hoc as well as ensuring compliance with the organization’s accounting principles, practices and procedures. Responsible for the Accounting Functions related to Treasury, Tax, and Audit. Assists with preparation and review of financial operating reports, internal unaudited monthly financial statements, audited financial statements and cash flow management reports.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for the monthly financial close process to include preparation of month end financial statements including balance sheet, income statements, statement of cash flows, board reporting, Key Performance Indicators and Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Create monthly journal entries, reports, and reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate cash forecast.
- Supervise, evaluate and develop the accounting team.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating the annual audit with external auditors including the preparation of US GAAP compliant financial statements with all associated notes.
- Supervise the business’s process in order to select weekly/monthly/quarterly payments in accordance to the financial obligations and liquidity levels of the business.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement necessary improvements across the finance landscape of the businesses in order to ensure integrity.
- Work hand-in-hand with senior management and the executive team to uncover potentially adverse finance issues early enough to react.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required by management for decision making, primarily using Excel.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with management and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full range of business issue.
- Assists in the financial integration and related accounting of acquisitions
- Manages banking operations.
- Maintains Unanet ERP GovCon system.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with match
- Self-managed PTO
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $113,899.69 - $149,039.50. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.