The Deputy Product Director is responsible for managing the product practice leads and product practice within a business unit. They also serve as a counterpart to the Head of Product in helping advance key product practice initiatives and the product organization at Ad Hoc.
Deputy Product Directors are responsible for ensuring the quality of the product practice within their business unit. They work cross-functionally within the business unit to ensure an excellent end to end customer experience, and they ensure customer value is created by the product practice within that business unit. The Deputy Product Director will set the overarching product practice direction for their business unit, in accordance with the strategy outlined by the Head of Product, by articulating a compelling vision and roadmap for how the practice should evolve in order to support Ad Hoc’s business goals and industry trends. The Deputy Product Director will draw from the broader product organization at Ad Hoc to cultivate an effective product culture and practice, and they will make key account strategy contributions specifically around growth opportunities and people strategy.
The Deputy Product Director will also work directly with the Head of Product on practice operations including - overall organization people strategy that supports business growth, career ladder development and support, and skills tracking and training. At times this may also mean providing people support to other product leaders in a different business unit.
The Deputy Product Director is responsible for (Essential Functions):
- Articulating Ad Hoc product management best practices and approaches within the business unit.
- Support recruitment and staffing activities for Ad Hoc’s Product Practice and their business unit; helping to identify and connect individuals within right opportunities given program needs, career interests, and skill sets including defining strategies for diverse hiring and promotion pipelines.
- Serve as a coach and mentor for their business unit product staff; proactively build organizational structures and systems for scale.
- Supporting the growth of Ad Hoc by helping to evaluate and shape growth opportunities in their business unit that are surfaced by product leads within the business unit, and provide product-driven strategies that support their business units’ goals.
- Building community for product managers, including venues for cross-pollination of knowledge across their business unit and Ad Hoc’s product practice.
- Serving as a “Manager of managers”; coaching direct reports (product principals and other product leaders) on people management, and overseeing career growth including hands-on coaching and mentorship as needed
- Assisting the Director of Product in building out a cohesive product organization at Ad Hoc, including helping define and drive process and policy.
- Using the Ad Hoc Product philosophy as their foundation, develop core approaches that guide how we build products for their business unit that also support the health of the product discipline at Ad Hoc.
- Help capture and communicate the impact of our products and our approach across a wide portfolio of programs within their business unit.
- The Deputy Product Director will work directly with Product Principals and other leads to ensure that we are maximizing our value with clients and measuring the impact of the products and services our teams support.
- Develop a strong partnership with business unit and growth team leadership that focuses on how this partnership supports greater delivery success and business unit growth.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $128,183.16-$169,064.50 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirement