This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on August 10, 2020.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We’re looking for a driven and organized Senior Accessibility Specialist to help deliver digital services for the American people. In this hybrid role, you will support teams with inclusive design, accessibility, and semantic front-end expertise. You will be part of a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to deliver well-rounded web-based applications and services. You will influence accessibility with your program team, and at Ad Hoc as a whole. You will work with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into good design. This work will impact the lives of millions of people.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to existing design standards, pattern libraries and brand guidelines
- Leverage modern front-end frameworks to deliver performant and maintainable front-end applications
- Support designers creating mockups and comps, and maintain fluency with design concepts such as: User Experience Design, Visual Design and Information Architecture
- Support product managers defining inclusive, accessible product requirements
- Support researchers with best practices for inclusive recruitment and methodologies
- Analyze design and code quality for accessibility
- Work on Business development materials
- You will be part of a team that will assist recruiting by reviewing homework and portfolios and participating in panel interviews
What You'll Bring
- Stakeholder engagement
- Skill in presenting work to others
- Design skills
- Comfort with design tools
- Fluency with basic concepts
- Collaboration with others
- Collaboration with our engineering team and design teams on solutions and best practices
- Basic understanding of related technical skills, including things like APIs, databases, front end technologies
- Delivering on the full life cycle of a problem
- Effectively responding to feedback and mentorship
- Aligning discovery process with goals
- Design critiques
- Ability to provide basic feedback on design work
- UI and UX critiques as they relate to accessibility
- Strong knowledge of Section 508, WCAG 2.0, and accessibility best practices
- Systems level thinking
- Ability to work with an existing system
- Ability to think about how design systems and other system-wide aspects can be implemented with accessibility in mind.
- company subsidized, health, dental and vision
- use what you need vacation policy
- 401k with employer match
- paid parental leave after one year of service
- continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination