This is a remote role and you may work anywhere in the U.S.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We are looking for a driven, organized, and passionate Senior Researcher II to guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people. A Senior Researcher II is an experienced researcher who supports 1-2 delivery teams. You will lead UX efforts, effectively advocating for prioritization of UX research, balancing user and business needs, and positively shaping product strategy for their team. Our ideal candidate wants to make a difference, cares about making technology work for people, and enjoys speaking with a diverse range of people. Your work will improve the lives of people interacting with the US Government. As part of our team, you will work with small teams of designers and engineers to help deliver web applications and services.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Apply a range of research methods and approaches to distill undefined, blurry problems into cohesive research questions and directions for 1-2 delivery teams.
- Works independently and performs multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Leads UX strategy for their team, helping balance user needs, business needs, and technical capabilities.
- Leads research projects, planning, conducting, and synthesizing research.
- Plans and facilitates collaboration between cross-functional team members and stakeholders. Synthesize multiple inputs into a cohesive approach and get buy-in.
- Sets and aligns expectations with their team and practice area. Can independently facilitate interactions towards course correction when goals are misaligned with occasional support.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller. Makes compelling artifacts and presentations that are framed appropriately for the audience and goals.
- Contributes to and/or leads internal practice, company, and strategic initiatives.
- Lead candidate interviews and participate in peer mentorship and may provide recurring craft and professional development mentorship for junior team members.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 5 years experience planning and facilitating a range of qualitative research types from usability testing to exploratory discovery projects
- Experience collaborating with technology product teams
- Experience with including product managers, designers, and developers in research
- Ability to make available tools and techniques work for projects, and flexibility and problem-solving skills to adjust when things don’t go as expected
- Familiarity with quantitative methods such as surveys, tree testing, etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of or experience with accessibility is a plus
- Experience with Government work or technology a plus
- Prior experience managing or mentoring others a plus
- Company-Subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $101,569 - 135,994 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.