This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a Software Engineer III capable of addressing ambiguity and solving complex problems without technical assistance or supervision. The ideal candidate will have expert-level capabilities in at least one major technology stack. They will have expert-level experience in both front-end and back-end development. They write frontend code that is highly accessible and maintainable and will have designed and implemented well-structured, reliable, maintainable APIs in a complex problem domain. They mentor and guide more junior engineers through the development process, including debugging and new skills acquisition. They communicate with stakeholders, other teams, and partners to generate, assess, and execute on product development or integration requirements. Their experience in the field can be used to effectively evaluate and communicate tradeoffs between implementation complexity and other technical and non-technical costs.
We are a remote first organization and you may work anywhere within the US.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process
We’re looking for a driven and organized Software Engineer III to join the GSA-Fleet group.
This could be a Full Stack DevOps Engineer or an Infrastructure Azure specialist.
- Azure DevOps Migration and support to build scalable services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- Azure DevOps with SQL back end and .NET/IIS experience
- 4+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs.
- Programming in a major open source language, such as Ruby, Python, C#, Go, Java, or Node.js.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Strong Java or node.js experience preferred
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.