This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a Back End Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have moderate experience developing and maintaining large-scale production systems in modern agile development environments. They are well versed in the fundamentals of at least one technology stack and can write well structured, tested, and secure application code with little feedback or guidance. This person has designed and implemented well-structured, reliable, maintainable APIs in a complex problem domain. They have built services that integrate with external dependencies and data sources. They are aware of and can describe how the thing they've built fits into a larger ecosystem. They take an active role in planning and delivery efforts and draw on their experience to suggest approaches or alternatives. They work primarily with guidance and direction from their tech lead but frequently take on moderately complex tasks independently, occasionally assisting more junior engineers.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Some Federal contracts require a degree in computer science or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process.
What You'll Do
- Use Go, Java, Python other programming languages to build scalable back-end services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- Programming in a major open source language, such as Go, Java, Python
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.