This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on April 30, 2021.
Some Federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a Back End Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have moderate experience developing and maintaining large-scale production systems in modern agile development environments. They are well versed in the fundamentals of at least one technology stack and can write well structured, tested, and secure application code with little feedback or guidance. This person has designed and implemented well-structured, reliable, maintainable APIs in a complex problem domain. They have built services that integrate with external dependencies and data sources. They are aware of and can describe how the thing they've built fits into a larger ecosystem. They take an active role in planning and delivery efforts and draw on their experience to suggest approaches or alternatives. They work primarily with guidance and direction from their tech lead but frequently take on moderately complex tasks independently, occasionally assisting more junior engineers.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Some Federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment
- Some Federal contracts require a degree in computer science or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process.
- 2 years Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements.
- Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
- Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
- Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project.
- Is responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels.
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Overseeing the development team, he manages the full life cycle of the software development process.
- Has extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic. Has experience working in a healthcare environment Bachelor's Degree in Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field
What You'll Do
- Use Node.js, Ruby, Go or other programming languages to build scalable back-end services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Strong node.js experience
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.