This is a remote role.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on April 30, 2021.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer capable of addressing ambiguity and solving complex problems without technical assistance or supervision. The ideal candidate will have expert-level capabilities in at least one major technology stack. They will have expert-level experience in both front-end and back-end development. They write frontend code that is highly accessible and maintainable and will have designed and implemented well-structured, reliable, maintainable APIs in a complex problem domain. They mentor and guide more junior engineers through the development process, including debugging and new skills acquisition. They communicate with stakeholders, other teams, and partners to generate, assess, and execute on product development or integration requirements. Their experience in the field can be used to effectively evaluate and communicate tradeoffs between implementation complexity and other technical and non-technical costs.
We are a remote first organization and you may work anywhere within the US.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Some Federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment
- Some Federal contracts require a degree in computer science or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process.
- Masters Degree or Higher and a minimum of 5 years advanced level IT experience, including experience in emerging technologies or professional level IT certifications
- The following routes are available to substitute for the Masters Degree or Higher and minimum of 5 years advanced level IT experience.
- PhD and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
- High School Diploma, GED, or No Degree with a minimum of 11 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
What You'll Do
- Use Node.js, React, Typescript, Ruby or other programming languages to build scalable services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 6 years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- Bachelor of Science in Technology or Engineering
- Experience developing web applications in Node.js, React, Express.js or Ruby
- Programming in a major open source language, such as Ruby, Python, Go, Java, or Node.js
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills
- Strong node.js experience
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.