Role: Senior Game Engineer
Adept Games is seeking a Senior Game Engineer to help develop a new game title that is part of a larger and connected franchise. As a Senior Engineer you’ll collaborate closely with the product owner, designers, artists, QA, and other engineers to understand and then solve technical challenges for the game. You will be responsible for creating game play systems needed to create a rich and fun player experience.
Location Note: During the current Covid-19 health situation all of our work is being conducted remotely. In the future, we do hope to have our team working together again in-person in the Greater Seattle area but it is unknown when this will happen. For now, a candidate needs to have a strong work ethic to meet deadlines while working remotely and have a consistent high-speed internet connection to work from their home location.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, artists, and programmers to create and maintain technical design documents, milestone schedules, epics, stories, and tasks.
- Develop many key game features, systems, and UI.
- Proactively raise any development or scheduling issues with the team for resolution.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the project.
- 7+ years of game development experience.
- Worked on at least one commercial video game through the entire development lifecycle.
- Advanced knowledge of C#, development and optimization skills with Unity.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing key gameplay systems.
- Great communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Full-stack development experience.
- Experience developing AI for game play.
- Experience with Unity Addressables.