Adept is working to advance a people-centric approach to AI that optimizes for what’s actually most useful for people and their work. You can see this approach in the technology we’re building: models that are trained to use software and take actions just as a person would.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
Adept is on the lookout for a Founding Account Executive who will play a pivotal role in shaping our early sales function. You'll be responsible for identifying, nurturing, and closing deals with high-value enterprise clients who are interested in using Adept's AI Teammate. This role is ideal for someone who has experienced enterprise sales in a large, technical B2B environment and has subsequently played a foundational role in sales at early-stage startups.
- Sales Pipeline Management: Oversee the entire sales pipeline. This includes identifying potential enterprise clients, building and maintaining a list of prospects, and deeply understanding their business needs and challenges.
- Client Relationship Building: Develop and sustain relationships with key decision-makers in target enterprises, serving as their primary contact and advisor.
- Sales Strategy Development: Build our early enterprise sales framework from the ground up, evolving it in tandem with new product releases.
- Product Knowledge: Gain an in-depth understanding of our product and technology to effectively communicate how our solutions can benefit potential clients.
- Market Awareness: Stay informed about industry trends and competitor activities, using this knowledge to inform product development and sales strategies.
- Foundation Builder: Demonstrated experience in shaping the sales function in early-stage startups
- Proven Sales Experience: 5+ years of sales experience, with a deep understanding of enterprise sales processes; formal training received through salesperson development programs at large, highly technical B2B enterprises.
- Sales Excellence: Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas and managing complex sales cycles.
- Communication Prowess: Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Agility and Adaptability: Capability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- AI Curiosity: A genuine interest in generative AI
The pay range for this position in California is $160,000—$220,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. We also offer competitive equity packages in the form of stock options and a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly