Adept is working to advance a people-centric approach to AI that optimizes for what’s actually most useful for people and their work. You can see this approach in the technology we’re building: models that are trained to use software and take actions just as a person would.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
Adept thrives at the intersection of research and product. In this role, you will rapidly build new capabilities of our product leveraging a combination of in-house and external tooling, and help safely deploy applications built on top of large models at scale. You’ll collaborate closely with the product engineering, design, and product teams to build practical solutions that address real user needs.
The ideal candidate is a full-stack software engineer who has built and launched applications on top of LLMs, worked with a variety of common tools for LLM-enabled software, and is familiar with research in prompt engineering techniques. You are familiar with or even have contributed to open-source libraries related to LLMs and love a 0 to 1 challenge.
We deeply value software engineers who can engage with new problems and get things done at a startup, and our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you have some of these, you might be a good fit:
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer, preferably building apps and interfaces
- Proficiency with TypeScript and JavasScript
- Experience with frontend frameworks like React and Nest.js
- Experience building applications on top of LLMs, with a familiarity of tradeoffs across performance, latency, and ease of deployment
- Experience with LLM-enabled software tooling including frameworks such as LangChain and LlamaIndex, retrieval mechanisms like vector databases, caching solutions such as Redis, and monitoring tools
- Familiarity with techniques to maintain secure deployments that are robust to prompt injection and have safe outputs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written
- Bonus: Experience building LLM-powered agents
The pay range for this position in California is $175,000 - $350,000yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. We also offer competitive equity packages in the form of stock options and a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly