Adept is working to advance a people-centric approach to AI that optimizes for what’s actually most useful for people and their work. You can see this approach in the technology we’re building: models that are trained to use software and take actions just as a person would.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
Design at Adept is a multidisciplinary group that uses prototyping and design to explore and define Adept’s products.
This requires us to define new interaction principles that leverage (and contribute to) generally intelligent foundation models – this is a greenfield area for interaction design.
Our focus is on people and how our products can positively impact them and the world around them.
We are looking for a creative, collaborative designer to join the team and help define our future products.
Please note: a portfolio of work is required to apply.
- A passion for how people engage with technology
- An interest in building tools that improve human capability and creativity
- Helping to define and maintain the core interaction model for our products
- Understanding user contexts and needs to create (and test) design solutions
- Building out and maintaining designs in Figma and other tools as required
- Working collaboratively to understand the research and engineering capabilities present in the company in order to utilise these in our products, as well as defining possible future requirements to these teams
- 5+ years experience
- A portfolio demonstrating interaction design work, especially featuring projects that explore novel UIs (particularly on mobile and desktop). A combination of self-directed and product/client work would be great.
- Demonstrated ability to explore, define and use interaction models to build an underlying structure for a larger product vision.
- Experience in shipping a real product to users, in collaboration with research and engineering teams.
- Comfort with engaging in broad exploration of an undefined space.
- Ability to work both quickly and scrappily, as well as creating polished and production-fidelity design materials.
- Ability to collaborate closely with other designers and product team members.
- Excitement in collaborating with research and engineering teams on exploring product ideas.
- An eye for polish and clear, striking visual design.
- Ability to present work in an engaging way that sparks excitement for further collaboration and execution across the company.
- Experience with participating in and using the outputs of user research.
Additional qualifications (don’t let this disqualify you though!)
- Experience in prototyping with language models is a plus.
- Ability to code in a front end JS framework (React, Vue, Svelte) a plus.
The pay range for this position in California is $180,000 - $220,000yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. We also offer competitive equity packages in the form of stock options and a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly