Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $3.5 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 25 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
The Design Team
The Design Department at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mentality and cultivate a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration.
Wealth management is undergoing a technological transformation. Financial advisors need a better way to scale their businesses while meeting their clients’ financial needs. We’re looking for highly-qualified people who enjoy simplifying complexity and challenging the status quo to meet our goal of providing the best user experience in the industry.
Addepar is looking for a seasoned systems designer who will lead the evolution of the product design system, with a focus on creating an accessible, scalable, and beautiful user experiences. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the design vision and integration of Addepar’s design system across our product ecosystem. Responsibilities also include designing, documenting, evangelizing, and teaching the standard methodologies associated with it.
You will balance the needs of both users and internal collaborators to help drive design system direction. You are adept at handling relationships between partners and the system and empowering the entire org to build faster and better.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Head of Design to define and drive a transformation to the platform user interface
- Lead the definition and design of Addepar’s design system, including supporting tools, resources, templates, and documentation
- Provide design leadership on standardizing component definition and usage guidelines with input from the broader product design team
- Discuss the system’s mission, vision, and processes to designers, product managers, developers, QA, and leadership
- Present work to team members, consider feedback, update as needed, and gain agreement
- Decisively resolve contending priorities and task importance
- Participate in retrospectives and interview internal users to identify challenges, successes, and preferences in order to continuously improve the team and processes
- Use client research and data to help inform component definition when necessary
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience working on design systems
- 2+ years in a lead design role
- Able to showcase through work samples how you were directly responsible for leading and shaping a design system
- Strong, pixel-perfect UI design
- A passion for design systems and staying up to date on the latest standards, technologies, and strategies
- Adapt at Figma or other industry-standard design tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.