Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $3.5 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 25 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
Being a part of the AddeU Internship Program, you will be working on a meaningful project(s) that you can feel proud of and present back to the company at the end of the experience. In addition to having a supporting manager and mentor, we have a fantastic onboarding program to get you acclimated and ready for your time with us. Fun events and super cool swag are also included!
At the moment, our 12 week internship experience is remote. Dates are currently set for May - August, 2022 but please consult with your recruiter. Seeking US and Canadian students only.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer Intern on the Addepar Operating Platform team.
Engineering is at the core of Addepar and we are looking to add the best, brightest, and most passionate software engineers to our team. If you are excited about doing the best work of your career and you enjoy the rush of shipping high quality code to production every day we’re excited to meet you! Our software engineers come from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs to finance tech veterans. What they have in common is tremendous talent and dedication to architecting, implementing, and shipping high quality software.
What You’ll Do
- Implement or update a platform feature or tool by writing well-designed, testable code.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and stakeholders on your project.
- Document software functionality, system design, and project plans; this includes clean, readable code with comments.
- Learn and demonstrate engineering best practices and principles.
- Produce a retrospective and demonstrate your summer project to an internal audience.
Who You Are
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the US & Canada) & must be returning to school after internship
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks
- Extraordinary talent in software engineering. Ability to write high quality object oriented code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of development, best practices and experience working in a team.
- Ability to explore complex problems spaces objectively from multiple points of view.
- General familiarity with some of the technologies we use:
- HTTP, REST and web API best practices.
- Python, Java/Spring
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL, relational databases and key-value stores.
- Messaging/queuing and transaction log frameworks.
- Linux proficiency, basic shell scripting and a solid grasp of systems level programming is a plus.
- Specific knowledge of Java, Python are a plus.
- Specific experience in or knowledge of financial data systems is a plus.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.