Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $3.5 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 25 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our Enterprise Analytics Team! As a lead data engineer on the Enterprise Analytics team, you will be responsible for architecting and building the data infrastructure, tooling and integrations to power company-wide analytics for cross-functional teams and stakeholders at Addepar. We are building an ecosystem to unify diverse data sets from different data sources and create a golden source of truth to enable data-driven decision making across the organization.
You will design, build and maintain an Enterprise Analytics cloud environment. You will also migrate the legacy processes to modern data stack and design/build new tooling, data integrations and pipelines to migrate/replicate data from disparate data sources to be able to load the data into dimensional models in the data warehouse.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build modern data stack for Enterprise Analytics
- Lead high priority and critical projects to provide direction to other members on the team
- Build realtime and batch data integrations to integrate data from disparate source systems into the Data Pond/DW
- Migrate data pipelines and processes from legacy systems onto new stack
- Build robust and scalable ELT processes using new workflow automation tools
- Build and maintain data replication tooling and data reconciliation processes
- Partner with cross functional engineering teams to assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build robust data alerting and monitoring mechanisms, operational runbooks and processes in partnership with Infrastructure Platform teams
- Provide production support for data integration and transformation pipelines
- Partner with data warehouse engineers and data analysts to build tooling to be able to effectively move data in and out of the data warehouse/data pond
- Champion the strategy to build data security framework to store, move and access data
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience as a data engineer and/or software engineer
- 3+ years of experience working with workflow orchestration tools( Preferred: Airflow, Prefect OR Luigi, autosys, etc)
- 4+ years of experience building data integrations and pipelines from data lake, APIs, relational databases and third party systems
- Experience designing and building infrastructure in cloud data environments(Preferred: AWS OR GCP, Azure, etc)
- Strong software development skills in Python and SQL
- Experience tuning SQL queries and data pipelines
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities
- Stellar communications skills for requirements gathering
Nice to Have
- Exposure building dimensional models in the data warehouse
- Experience with MPP/Columnar databases like Snowflake, Redshift, etc
- Exposure to data streaming tools and technologies like kafka or similar technologies
- Experience working with systems like Salesforce and Netsuite
- Familiarity with BI/reporting tools
- Experience working with with SaaS or Fintech companies is a plus
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.