Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $3.5 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 25 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
The role entails being the central point of control and contact for software release efforts and would be responsible for coordination, timeline and quality gating of delivery to production. Additionally, this position will be responsible for other projects or tasks in alignment with the level and scope of the position. The engineer in this role ultimately requires broad knowledge of a range of technology disciplines such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and CI/CD pipelines, with a broad understanding of infrastructure change control and release management. Ideal candidates enjoy working on a variety of different topics and process driven projects. In addition to excellent technical ability, communication skills and problem solving approaches are critical to this role. You will work directly with the quality engineers in addition to our SRE platform operations teams to manage Addepar’s production platform release.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Addepar Quality Engineering and SRE Platform Operations to support the existing release and change management process
- Manage and execute deployment tasks and process for production and staging environments
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Collaborate with key Development and Quality Assurance stakeholders in developing and executing a robust test and release process
- Facilitate resolution of deployment problems with Development, Quality Engineering and SRE Platform Operations
- Manage all commitments and changes including scope, requirements, and schedules across SRE Release engineering and SRE Platform Operations teams
- Participates in regular team meetings to discuss release scope or risks/issues and recommend solutions
- Continually drive documentation to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes and procedures
- Understand cross-functional impact of the release schedule and any changes to it on all stakeholders
- Tracks tasks and sub-tasks in JIRA for weekly releases
- Reviews domain playbooks and creates combined release playbook (single source of truth) for scheduled and corrective releases
- Tracks implementation, validation, and backout plans for all releases (weekly and ad-hoc) in documentation
- Participates in Change Approval meetings
- Manage the oversight and maintenance of Addepar’s platform staging environment as 1-to-1 match of existing production environments including infrastructure deploys, patch management and service availability
- Troubleshoot incidents involving software, infrastructure or process, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventative measures
Who You Are
- Experience with any applied aspect of UNIX/BSD/Linux internals
- Experience with programming/Scripting in various common languages, (We use python [boto3], shell, and general UNIX tools)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in release engineering for an organization with large and complex applications
- History of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other Engineering, Security and Technical Operations teams
- Flexibility and adaptability towards changes in assignments and work schedules
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgement
- Ability to work shift based work hours to meet Addepar’s customer needs
- Ability to provide non-business-hours on call support on rotation
- (Bonus) Full-Time experience in Release Engineering, DevOps, or Software Automation
- (Bonus) Proficient with CI tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI or others
- (Bonus) Experience with Git/GitHub
- (Bonus) Solid understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- (Bonus) Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.