Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $3.5 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 25 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
The ideal candidate will need to have a robust cloud platform experience across AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS Elastic Container Services (ECS), Docker, AWS Fargate, Linux systems, and demonstrate knowledge with automated deployment architecture and production workloads at scale.
Additionally, this position also requires experience in designing, developing, and reviewing security and technology solutions; identifying issues, and driving their resolution to closure. This individual must be a consensus builder, a team player, and work well within a fast-paced global enterprise support environment.
What You’ll Do
- Delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- Building automation tools and components to enhance the installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS, Azure, or similar cloud providers.
- Collaborating with Software Architects, Software Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers and ensuring products and services are pushed into production in a secure fashion.
- Automating the deployment of products and services and active monitoring to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications and platforms.
- Acting as an escalation point to address issues with outages and operations and actively forecasts to proactively address issues and minimize downtime.
Who Are You
- 10+ years of software development experience with emphasis on DevOps responsibilities.
- 4+ years of Kubernetes experience focused on DevOps.
- A deep understanding of CI/CD tools, processes and a strong desire to help teams release frequently to production with a focus on creating reliable high-quality results.
- Strong development experience with languages such as Python and python [boto3], shell, and general UNIX tools.
- Experience integrating monitoring and alerting capabilities using software such as Grafana, StatsD, Prometheus, DataDog, etc.
- Experience working or developing autoscaling solutions within Kubernetes and AWS.
- Expertise with Amazon AWS, Azure Platform, and other common public cloud providers.
- Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale and the small scale, with a constant focus on optimization, high availability, and security.
- A drive to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical capabilities, and a passion for building robust platforms for accelerating delivery to production.
- Demonstrated ability to continually drive documentation to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise with Jenkins
- Past experience with infrastructure tools such as Terraform, Saltstack, Ansible, and Vault.
- Experience solving problems in a live production environment.
- Experience working with and managing multiple Kubernetes clusters
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) a plus.
- Experience with AWS and general internet application development
- Experience in release engineering for an organization with large and complex applications
- History of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other Engineering and Technical Operations teams
- Flexibility and adaptability towards changes in assignments and work schedules
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to work shift-based work hours to meet Addepar’s customer needs
- Ability to provide non-business-hours on-call support on rotation
- Ability to manage and coordinate Infrastructure Platform Engineering team activities, initiatives, and projects.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.