Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst to join our new Research & Insights organization. R&I is a newly launched Addepar capability that will carry out research projects on investment decision-making and deliver new research products on topics related to investing (e.g., briefs, working papers, journal articles, models). The R&I mission is to inform wealth managers and institutional investors on new ways to improve their investment performance, by helping them augment their governance, management, operations, and processes. The goal is to utilize Addepar’s proprietary and private data (both quantitative and qualitative) to bring new and powerful insights to the world of investors.
As a Data Analyst, you will participate in the full lifecycle of research including ideation, data set analysis, generation of analytics, prototyping, and implementing analytical tools that bring new and powerful insights to the world of investors. Successful candidates will be proven subject matter experts in data science across its full lifecycle, be practical in your approach to deploying simple vs. complex methodologies, and have demonstrated success in using data to achieve business outcomes.
- You will report to the Head of Research Analytics and will collaborate with the entire R&I team on the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data. You will also partner with the engineering team to implement tools developed by the organization.
- You will be expected to be independently capable of executing a full lifecycle data science project including gathering data, data cleansing, exploration, modeling, and visualization. You will be expected to create documentation and presentations to communicate decision-making, progress, and results with the team and other Addepar stakeholders.
- You will proactively contribute to data quality and suggest upstream improvements that enhance the value of inputs to our analytics and models.
- You will collaborate with engineering and other data teams at Addepar to enhance the pipeline of data used for analysis.
- You will develop relationships across the organization to keep abreast of data engineering and architecture developments across the company that impact the R&I team.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of relevant work experience as a data analyst at financial services or research organization similar to this one
- Extensive experience with Excel, Python, and SQL
- Subject matter expertise in data science techniques and a practical approach to data analysis with the complexity of the approach matching the needs of each particular situation.
- Familiarity with financial markets, in particular benchmarking, portfolio construction, capital flows, and alternatives is a plus
- Experience with communicating (written and verbally) complex topics in a simple way to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to help use data to achieve business objectives
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.