Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Being a part of the AddeU Internship Program, you will be working on a meaningful project(s) that you can feel proud of and present back to the company at the end of the experience. In addition to having a supporting manager and mentor, we have a fantastic onboarding program to get you acclimated and ready for your time with us. Fun events and super cool swag are also included!
At the moment, our 12 week internship experience is remote. Dates are currently set for May - August, 2022 but please consult with your recruiter. Seeking US and Canadian students only.
We are currently seeking a Security Engineer Intern to join our Security Engineering Team! Addepar’s Security Engineering team is a part of Addepar’s Software Platform group and works across the organization to defend our assets and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of our data. A member of the Security Engineering team at Addepar has a broad range of responsibilities and security expertise that is used to solve unique problems to produce the most secure platform for our clients. We are looking for an intern who is passionate about security, a self-starter, takes ownership in the projects they engage, and is a believer in collaborative teamwork. Our Security Engineers work on everything from creating a Secure SDLC, helping ensure best cloud security practices, and performing internal assessments to uncover vulnerabilities, among lots more!
What You’ll Do
- Help to implement technical standards, security tooling, and infrastructure to support key security programs: Product & Application Security, Infrastructure & Cloud Security, Vulnerability Management, Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Identity and Access Management, and Technical Assessments.
- Perform or shadow a variety of internal assessments, including web application and API testing, internal and external infrastructure testing, cloud configuration assessments, vendor reviews, host build reviews, and much more.
- Support the team with large-scale security projects, involving work on the Secure SDLC, Vulnerability Management Lifecycle, Identity and Access Management, Authentication Flows, Data Anonymization, and more.
Who You Are
- A true love of security with a desire to be a part of a high-tempo and supportive team who can help you learn on the job.
- Baseline knowledge of networking (OSI Model), HTTP protocol, and Application Security.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work cross-functionally with internal and external constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills, along with the ability to deliver to time-sensitive guidelines.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, including at least one scripting language.
- OSCP (or similar) certification is a massive plus.
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the US & Canada) & must be returning to school after internship.
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.