Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Being a part of the AddeU Internship Program, you will be working on a meaningful project(s) that you can feel proud of and present back to the company at the end of the experience. In addition to having a supporting manager and mentor, we have a fantastic onboarding program to get you acclimated and ready for your time with us. Fun events and super cool swag are also included!
At the moment, our 12 week internship experience is remote. Dates are currently set for May - August, 2022 but please consult with your recruiter. Seeking US and Canadian students only.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer Intern to join our Portfolio Services Team! The Portfolio Services Team focuses on building distributed data import pipelines, data modeling, distributed data service, metrics, and system integrations.
Engineering is at the core of Addepar and we are looking to add the best, brightest, and most passionate software engineers to our team. If you are excited about doing the best work of your career and you enjoy the rush of shipping high quality code to production every day we’re excited to meet you! Our software engineers come from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs to finance tech veterans. What they have in common is tremendous talent and dedication to architecting, implementing, and shipping high quality software.
What You’ll Do
- Build mission critical features on Addepar’s distributed import pipeline.
- Optimize data serialization across data services.
- Enhance the system observability by persisting data import stats and building metrics dashboard.
Who You Are
- Currently a rising Senior or Master’s student, pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the US & Canada) & must be returning to school after internship
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks
- Extraordinary talent in software engineering. Ability to write high quality object oriented code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of development best practices and experience working in a team.
- Ability to explore complex problems spaces objectively from multiple points of view.
- General familiarity with some of the technologies we use:
- HTTP, REST and web API best practices.
- Messaging/queuing and transaction log frameworks.
- Linux proficiency, basic shell scripting and a solid grasp of systems level programming is a plus.
- Specific experience in or knowledge of financial data systems is a plus.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.