Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Being a part of the AddeU Internship Program, you will be working on a meaningful project(s) that you can feel proud of and present back to the company at the end of the experience. In addition to having a supporting manager and mentor, we have a fantastic onboarding program to get you acclimated and ready for your time with us. Fun events and super cool swag are also included!
At the moment, our 12 week internship experience is remote. Dates are currently set for May - August, 2022 but please consult with your recruiter. Seeking US and Canadian students only.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer Intern to join our Infrastructure Platform Tools Team! The Infrastructure Platform Tools creates tools intended to serve Engineering teams needs. Wherever possible, we aim to ensure different tools, languages, and computing methods are able to be operated in a unified manner, for Addepar.
Engineering is at the core of Addepar and we are looking to add the best, brightest, and most passionate software engineers to our team. If you are excited about doing the best work of your career and you enjoy the rush of shipping high quality code to production every day we’re excited to meet you! Our software engineers come from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs to finance tech veterans. What they have in common is tremendous talent and dedication to architecting, implementing, and shipping high quality software.
What You’ll Do
- Our team automates the deployment, administration, and monitoring of our large-scale Linux, container, and cloud-service environments by writing reliable infrastructure software and components.
- You will be a member of a team focused on reliability, resiliency, recoverability, repeatability for highly scalable internal IAAS tools.
- You will collaborate in writing operations software relied upon by a wide variety of other Engineers. We are held to high standards for long-term usability, maintainability, security, and flexibility.
- You will contribute to the design and implementation of new and existing tools.
- Our work covers many technologies and standards, yet, we primarily write UNIX style utilities in Python (heavy boto3), providing JSON/HTTP based API's, for use by command line and web applications. You will get to learn and extend your practical applications of these standards.
- If you've never worked with Infrastructure before, this work is a great opportunity to see how the sausage gets made- end to end.
Who You Are
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the US & Canada) & must be returning to school after internship
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explore complex problems spaces objectively from multiple points of view.
- General familiarity with some of the technologies we use:
- Basic UNIX command line proficiency.
- Programming experience in any language, (we use Python/Shell).
- HTTP, JSON, REST and web API best practices.
Nice to Have
- Specific knowledge of Python, boto3, and UNIX tools are a plus.
- UNIX/Linux proficiency, basic shell scripting and a grasp of systems level programming is a plus.
- Experience with computer networking and principles.
- Specific experience in or knowledge of financial data systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of development best practices and experience working in a team.
- Experience running internet-facing servers, (networking, UNIX, security).
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.