Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager to join the Marketplace Analytics team within Insights!
The Insights team at Addepar is building order management and execution systems to provide access to a wide range of investment products, including cash management, hedge funds and private equity, and secondary transactions in private securities and LP interests. We also work on data-driven products and analytical tools to help our clients make better investment decisions and navigate the sophisticated world of finance. This is an exciting new business for Addepar with high growth potential that is still in the early stages of development, and there is a unique opportunity for a key individual to join a new, highly visible team at the ground level.
Read more about our launch of Marketplace in May of 2020 here:
- Introducing Marketplace
- Thiel-Backed Firm Helps Ultra-Wealthy Trade Hedge Fund Holdings
- Addepar Rolls Out Digital Alternatives Marketplace
The Marketplace team is a vertically integrated group that includes a cross-section of product, marketing, sales, data, design, operations, compliance and engineering - giving members a unique perspective that demonstrates how their work directly links to the broader business. In many ways, our group operates much like a startup within a growth company, providing its members with the stability and business relations of the larger Addepar organization, while allowing the group to operate in a tightly integrated and demanding context, as we continue to build out our new line of business and product offerings.
The Marketplace Analytics team’s mission is to leverage Addepar’s unique sources of data to more effectively match Marketplace clients with products/solutions that may interest them. As a Product Manager, you will build out a suite of products leveraging our analytics that help predict client interest in particular Marketplace offerings. The product suite will consist of client-facing modules in Marketplace to deliver tailored suggestions, as well as internally-facing applications to provide scale to our client coverage team. You will contribute to the roadmap for the products and then will take ownership of the various build stages, including writing concept papers and product requirement documents, soliciting and incorporating user feedback, and working with marketing/sales on product launches. Successful candidates will have experience building products that deliver financial analytics, proactively seek client feedback to drive product decisions, and have demonstrated success in contributing to business objectives (e.g. revenue).
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the roadmap for products that deliver analytics to both Marketplace clients and internal users
- Write concept papers to provide background on new product groups, as well as clearly define their client value proposition and business objectives
- Conduct user research sessions with clients and ensure their feedback is reflected in the final product designs
- Own the documentation of detailed product requirements and work with engineers as they implement the requirements
- Collaborate with marketing, product specialists, and sales to ensure proper product positioning and high user adoption rates
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of work experience in product management in a financial services or fintech context
- At least 2 years of experience building products that deliver actionable analytics (e.g. dashboards) to users/clients
- Understanding of financial markets and common portfolio management analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for detailed documentation
- Demonstrated history of using user feedback to guide product decisions and contributing to key product objectives
- Proven ability to meet product development goals on a specified timeline while adapting to changing conditions
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.