Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $3.5 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 25 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
We are currently seeking a Global Employment & Compliance Manager to join our People Team at Addepar. As we continue to grow and expand both domestically and globally, we are looking for someone with a keen eye for details, a love of all things compliance, and who is passionate about delivering great employee experience and service. This person will have the opportunity to promote continuous improvement in our programs, policies, and procedures. They will work collaboratively across the People Team, as well as cross-functionally, using their knowledge to advise on people compliance best practices across the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee Addepar’s global immigration program and liaise with immigration attorneys to support employees
- Manage the immigration lifecycle for all applicants and employees
- Interact with and advise managers and leaders on complex immigration matters
- Educate managers and business partners on immigration and mobility issues, strategies, and guidelines
- Lead the discovery, preparation, and deployment process for new country immigration and mobility program deployment
- Design our global mobility programs (i.e., relocation and foreign assignments), ensuring practices are in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Work cross-functionally with Legal, Payroll, People Team, and outside consultants to manage mobility program
- Collaborate with talent acquisition and the greater people team to consult on immigration and mobility matters, as well as manage the immigration process for new hires and employees
- Drive ongoing updates to our Employee Handbook to reflect current company policies and practices as well as external requirements
- Manage distribution of employment law posters and required notices
- Deliver and track compliance training completion as required (harassment prevention, GDPR)
- Serve as a subject matter expert for issues related to I-9s, background checks, employment practices, worker’s compensation, and more
- Work with our internal legal team and outside counsel to develop guidelines, programs, and policies to support Addepar’s growth
- Process and respond to unemployment claims, wage garnishment requests, and other state correspondence
- Coordinate and complete governmental and audit compliance reporting (EEO1, SOC 2, client requests)
- Manage global contingent workforce compliance
- Ensure world-class end-to-end customer experience
Who You Are
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or training
- At least 5+ years’ relevant experience, ideally in a fast-paced, growing tech company
- Global immigration and mobility experience a big plus
- Experience shaping employment practices in multiple countries is a big plus
- You understand the importance of customer experience and are highly responsive to all inquiries
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to stay organized without missing a small detail
- Deep analytical skills - you are able to draw meaningful conclusions from complex data
- You know how to prioritize your time and can handle competing deadlines
- You understand the sensitivity of confidential information (and understand there is usually a human on the other end of it)
- You are always aiming to improve the process, the experience, and yourself
- Well rounded knowledge of federal and state employment laws and compliance regulations (e.g., FLSA, FMLA) is a must-have
- Strong proficiency with HCM systems (ADP, Bamboohr, and Workday preferred), and Google Suite
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.