Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Addepar is seeking a highly motivated Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about building go-to-market strategies in an exciting market. You’ll develop a keen understanding of our amazing customers, the market and use this knowledge to prioritize and drive the right go-to-market efforts.
An ability to grasp and translate product and technical capabilities into benefits customers care about is critical, as well as an ability to think strategically about Addepar’s product positioning. Reporting directly to the Head of Product Marketing, you’ll become an expert in the market, the buyers, how they buy and their decision criteria and will help transfer that knowledge to the sales and marketing teams. You will also lead strategic efforts including gaining a better understanding of the customer as well as our current (and future) competitors, driving new product launches and supporting go-to-market efforts. You will work closely with the product management team to develop and communicate our product strategy while ensuring our sales teams are equipped with everything they need to succeed.
You’ll also be getting the chance to build your career and work at an exciting, fast-growing, startup with an open and inclusive culture that is disrupting the wealth management and financial services industry.
What You’ll Do
Working directly with the product, marketing and sales teams, you will help to drive new product launches and campaigns, webinars and client engagement events, and create educational content supporting investment products and strategies. In this role you will also help drive strategic efforts including gaining a better understanding of our clients through distinct marketing approaches to clients segment, and specific segment as well as our current (and future) competitors, driving new product launches and supporting go-to-market efforts.
- Identify industry, market, and customer needs and opportunities, ensuring a clear and differentiated position for Addepar products
- The role will focus on providing messaging and value proposition for the Family Office segment
- Communicate the value proposition of the Addepar platform to the sales and marketing teams and collaborate on sales enablement tools that support sales execution
- Ensure content (e.g. case studies, sales enablement materials, product videos, web copy, competitive differentiation, white papers) communicates the unique capabilities of our platform in customer language
- Own competitive analysis for your product area and translate that into a winning message for the sales team
- Assist members of the sales team with calls to their customers when appropriate
- Be the expert on our product and our buyers, how they buy, their buying criteria, and how our software solves their challenges. Conduct market surveys and interviews to build expertise in the market, customers and competitive landscape.
- Develop and communicate full end to end, data-driven GTM strategies for new product releases in partnership with Product Management, Engineering, and UX/Design
- Work cross-functionally with all departments in the organization
- Speak and present both externally and internally to promote our platform and our solutions
Who You Are
- 3+ years in a software product marketing role for SaaS companies. Experience in a startup environment a plus, by not required
- Ideal candidate has 1+ years of GTM planning and execution experience working cross-functionally with sales, product, engineering, design and marketing operations teams
- We are a fast moving, growth startup and the right person will have the ability to operate independently and make decisions. Prior startup experience a plus, but not required
- Proven track record of positioning products effectively to different external and internal audiences
- Ability to surface, analyze, and present data related to team and department efforts
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Tech stack experience with tools such as G-Suite, Looker, Showpad, Marketo, Salesforce and other CRM and Martech tools
- Bachelors in business, marketing, or related industry experience (MBA a plus)
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.