Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Sales Engineer to join our team! As a Sales Engineer, you are a key technical and consultative resource throughout our sales process including leading client presentations at CSuite level prospects to help deliver the value of Addepar. You will bring a deep knowledge of financial software and implementation process to help our prospects contextualize the Addepar product fit. Your tactical objectives are interfacing with a variety of prospects and markets spanning the UHNW wealth management industry to provide an in-depth understanding of the product advantages and capabilities. You will become a resource on both sides of the due diligence process to help the prospect understand how Addepar fits into their current business while ensuring they are the right fit for our technology.
You will liaise regularly between our Services, Product, Engineering and Data teams to ensure our sales executives are abreast on the product development, workflows and use cases at Addepar. Strategically, you will assist in building out resources for the sales team to institutionalize the knowledge for our current and future sales executives. Our ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, very well organized with a deep understanding of investment management and an expert in the use of Addepar. The best candidates will have experience previously working with Addepar clients and ideally have had exposure to the tools and processes of the deployment process.
You must be prepared to be a creative problem solver and vocal thought leader with a positive attitude and thoughtful voice to drive change and improvement as part of a premier organization within Addepar where an entrepreneurial and team player will thrive.
What You’ll Do
- Support senior SEs and Sales Executives with prospective clients throughout the entire sales process by acting as the subject matter expert on the Addepar product, data platform, and implementation process.
- Assist our Sales Team with the completion of RFPs & RFIs.
- Assist Sales Team in coordinating appropriate internal product and technical resources for prospect calls and meetings.
- Highlight and communicate the differentiating benefits of the Addepar solution vs. the competition by demonstrating knowledge of the Addepar product, client workflows, and financial industry domain.
- Support the sales effort with “Proof of Concepts”. Understand prospective clients key business requirements, load client data, and design custom demo environments to help clients conceptualize their future Addepar experience.
- Support in designing solutions for prospective clients to address their current business needs. De-risk future implementation projects by outlining and validating a comprehensive approach to address client requirements.
- Assist with the creation of the Statement of Work (SOW), budgetary estimates, and work with key internal teams (Professional Services including Data, Implementation Project Managers, Support, Finance, and Legal).
Who You Are
- 3+ Years of Experience in the Financial Services space including roles in FinTech deployment, sales engineering, solutions architecture, product experience and financial platforms.
- Worked at prior SaaS companies in similar roles such as deployments, product, engineering looking to make transition to sales etc
- Understanding of modern software architecture
- Ability to grasp financial concepts and navigate software efficiently.
- Effective oral and written communicator with the ability to interface with members at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task and track processes and deliverables for numerous prospective clients.
- Ability to manage complex projects, relationships and timelines.
- Flexibility to travel on short notice (30%+).
- Knowledge of database concepts, cloud infrastructure, SQL, Python and API exposure/knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Engineering field a plus).
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.