Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Addepar’s newest team, Insights, is building data-driven tools and analytics to help our clients make better investment decisions, as well as an order management and execution platform to provide access to a wide range of investment products, including cash management, hedge funds and private equity, and secondary transactions in private securities and LP interests. This is an exciting new business for Addepar with high growth potential that is still in the early stages of development, and there is a unique opportunity for a key individual to join a new, highly visible team at the ground level.
The Insights team launched our initial product in May of 2020: Marketplace. Read more about our launch in detail:
- Introducing Marketplace
- Thiel-Backed Firm Helps Ultra-Wealthy Trade Hedge Fund Holdings
- Addepar Rolls Out Digital Alternatives Marketplace
In September of 2020, the Insights team released our first data analytics product: Addepar’s Investor Sentiment Index.
- Introducing the Addepar Investor Sentiment Index
- The Transactions of 10,000 Accounts Informing a New, Addepar-Powered Investor Sentiment Tool
- Wealthy Investors Sold U.S. Stocks as Market Roared Back From Covid-19 Lows
Our team is a vertically integrated group that includes a cross-section of product, marketing, sales, data, design, operations, and engineering - giving members a unique perspective that demonstrates how their work directly links to the broader business. In many ways, our group operates much like a startup within a growth company, providing its members with the stability and business relations of the larger Addepar organization, while allowing the group to operate in a tightly integrated and demanding context, as we continue to build out our new line of business and product offerings.
Reporting to the Director of Product & Platform, the Insights Senior Product Manager will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team to build out specific strategic product initiatives and/or business units that will drive the evolution of the overall Insights & Marketplace business model, software application and client value proposition.
- Possess a deep understanding of your product in terms of its users, business value, competitive landscape, data, vendors, partners, and how it relates to the overall Marketplace strategic vision and other areas of the Addepar system
- Identify appropriate users, stakeholders, competitors, and market trends from which to elicit input and draw inspiration
- Define, document, and communicate goals and purpose for your product, particularly for the future 6-18 months
- Drive consensus with your stakeholders and cross-functional team via concept papers, product requirement documents, presentations, and OKRs that convey your vision and goals
- Define initiatives in terms of measurable user outcomes and focused problem spaces
- Engage the cross-functional team in Lean UX exercises that build deep empathy for users and shared understanding of their needs and pain points
- Collaborate cross-functionally to devise creative and testable solution hypotheses, identify relevant assumptions, and perform validation experiments geared toward addressing those user needs and pain points
- Ensure there is clear, comprehensive, and accessible documentation capturing all Product Thinking discussions and decisions
- Break down vision and problem spaces into achievable increments of value delivery via backlog management
- Build consensus with the cross functional team to prioritize increments of work based on level of effort, interdependencies, and other relevant criteria
- For increments prioritized for upcoming sprints, collaborate with the cross functional team to uncover and capture the detailed requirements, acceptance criteria, etc. necessary for the team to deliver the increment
- Identify changing company, business, market, and technical needs and pivoting strategy as needed
- Gather appropriate feedback regularly and translate it into data-driven product decisions that inform your prioritization process
- Coordinate with other cross-functional teams to manage interdependencies between products, collaborate on trade-off analyses, reduce duplication of effort, increase code reuse, and maintain seamless user experiences; ensure other teams have the necessary requirements to meet the needs of your own team
- Establish quantifiable success metrics for your product and strategies to track them
- Maintain a product roadmap that reflects your vision; plan work accordingly, identify and advocate for the resources needed for your team to accomplish the roadmap; ensure product roadmaps are complete, up-to-date, and accessible to the company
- Partner with Insights Marketing, Product Specialists, Operations, and Client Specialists to ensure your solutions are positioned in the market according to the workflows they are intended to support
- Help support clients and field inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant work experience and education that demonstrate a track record in product management and building out user workflows specific to financial, capital markets, or wealth management workflows. This can be from an investment bank/brokerage firm, fintech, and/or related institution
- Deep understanding of financial products, in particular, alternative and private assets
- Practical knowledge of agile thinking and lean practices; creative (non-dogmatic) with project approaches, willingness to experiment, and ability to guide teams toward activities and processes that best suit project goals
- Ability to identify the appropriate tools and techniques to accomplish objectives
- Ability to perform basic Project and Scrum Management tasks (assigning tasks to team members; ensuring designs, requirements, and other inputs are ready when needed for work to begin; leading agile ceremonies, scheduling increments in the necessary order to manage dependencies, managing WIP, managing expectations with Account Managers, lining up beta, addressing impediments, etc.)
- Ability to set your team up for success through leadership, sense of urgency, accountability, and initiative
- Ability to partner with a variety of stakeholders (from highly technical to non-technical business colleagues) and work in a cross-functional setting
- A confident and positive attitude with low ego; high degree of ingenuity, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills; ability to work within ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial/commercial mindset with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced growth company. Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine passion for supporting team members and client
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.