Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
As a data engineer on the BI team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and maintaining the data infrastructure for company-wide BI and cross-functional teams at Addepar. We are building the environment to unify data from different data sources, report on transformed data sets, and enable data-driven decisions.
You will design, build and orchestrate tools and data pipelines, integrate data from disparate data sources to be able to load the data into dimensional models in the data warehouse. You will also be responsible for building a strong data ecosystem by integrating different data systems with the data warehouse and BI tools.
- Build realtime and batch data integrations to integrate data from disparate source systems into the DW
- Build and maintain scalable ELT/ETL processes using workflow automation tools
- Designing dimensional models and be able to cleanse and transform raw data into structured format
- Administer and maintain data pipeline tools and data warehouse
- Provide production support for data integration and transformation pipelines
- Partner with analytics engineer and data analysts to build tooling to be able to effectively move data in and out of the data warehouse/data pond
- Champion the strategy to build data security framework to store, move and access data
- Establish best data practices and formalizing data governance framework
- Scale and tune data pipelines, databases and SQL queries
- Build and maintain data reconciliation processes
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer and/or software engineer in a SaaS or financial services business
- 2+ years of experience working with workflow orchestration tools( Preferred: Airflow, Prefect OR Luigi, autosys, etc)
- 4+ years of experience building ELT/ETL processes using one or more tools(E.g. Python, Informatica, SSIS, Pentaho, etc)
- Experience working with and administering one or more columnar storage systems (Preferred: Snowflake OR Redshift, Bigquery, etc)
- Knowledge and skills with Looker will be important, not critical
- Must have completed at least one full cycle of building a data lake and/or a data warehouse
- Exposure to data streaming tools and technologies like kafka
- Experience working in cloud data environments(Preferred: AWS OR GCP, Azure, etc)
- Strong software development skills in Python and SQL
- Experience tuning SQL queries and data pipelines
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities
- Stellar communications skills for requirements gathering
Nice to have:
- You have built Data Lakes in S3 or Hadoop
- Experience working with CRM systems like Salesforce
- Exposure to BI/reporting tools ( Preferred:Looker OR Tableau, Sisense/Periscope, Cognos, etc)
- Building reports and dashboards using BI tools
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Experience working with with SaaS or Fintech companies is a plus
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.