Adaptive Management is a SaaS company building a unified ecosystem for leveraging data. Our cloud-based platform enables companies to interface with thousands of data providers to quickly find answers from data. We give clients the power to Discover, Combine, Visualize, Forecast and Analyze data in an efficient and user-friendly platform.
Role and Responsibilities
Adaptive is developing a state-of-the-art technology stack to ingest, normalize, aggregate and distribute data to clients, and provide analytics back to data vendors.
This person will have the opportunity to solve complex problems. If you want to work in a fast-paced environment with a highly collaborative team empowering data scientists – join us!
We are seeking a Data Scientist to support our data science efforts by applying data mining to client company investment techniques, performing statistical analysis, and developing cutting-edge predictive models for users of our data analytics platform. They will assist in the creation of custom reports for our customers. These reports access data sources via our REST API using our Python client library, perform a set of custom calculations on the data, and output the data in chart, CSV or Excel format.
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for:
- Understand our client thesis around their investments and propose technical solutions
- Work with and manipulate data, customize analytical algorithms and solutions for clients
- Develop analytical models into production environments
- Leverage data to inform decision making, risk mining, and structured and unstructured text mining methods and techniques
- Build and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Apply data visualization techniques to tell the story of the data
- Collaborate with software engineers and other members of the product teams in designing experiments and new features for the platform
- Collaborate with clients to integrate custom data science solutions into the Adaptive platform
- Accept custom report definitions
- Create custom reports per definition
- Bachelor's Degree / Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 3+ Experience working in Python and utilizing Pandas
- Solid background in math and statistics
- Experience with time series modeling, linear regression and prediction
- NLP experience would also be a plus
- ARIMA and other time series modeling approaches are a plus
- The ability to write quality, well tested, code
- An interest in data science or applied quantitative research is a plus
- Ability to understand, document and explain diverse and highly technical subjects
- Should possess a good general understanding on a broad range of technologies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High availability for ongoing questions
- At least half a day's overlap with our office hours (Eastern Time)
Experience with the following:
- Working with Jupyter Notebooks
- Working with high-volume of data
The data accessible via the add-in is confidential, so anyone with access to the codebase and data will have to sign an NDA and observe strict compliance guidelines.