Adaptive Management is a SaaS company building a unified ecosystem for leveraging data. Our cloud-based platform, DataMonster™, enables companies to interface with thousands of data providers to quickly find answers from data. Our team includes former financial investors, NSA cryptology and applied mathematics experts, and Silicon Valley software veterans. Adaptive Management is headquartered in Manhattan, New York City.
As a Data Analyst on the Ingest Team, your job will be to support our data onboarding and analysis efforts by applying proven data modeling and problem-solving abilities. You will be adept at designing and implementing ETL processes according to industry standards and best practices. We have relationships with hundreds of vendors in the alternative data space and are seeking an individual that can bring a growth mindset to a rapidly expanding company and industry.
We are a well-funded startup offering full benefits and competitive compensation with equity. This position will be full-time and can be based out of our NYC office or our new location in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Learn key vendor data sets and build ETLs to onboard and publish via existing channels
- Work with and manipulate data, develop aggregation techniques, understand biases in data, and apply visualization techniques in order to better tell the story of what the data is saying
- Build views using SQL to structure the data in the optimal way for processing and visualization.
- Collaborate with data engineers and members of the product teams in designing ETL software.
- Take on increasing complex projects and maintain a “client first” attitude with all of your work.
- Produce high quality results – quality assurance on one’s own work.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or Analyst working with complex datasets.
- Intermediate to advanced level SQL experience (we use Spark SQL)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience working with a variety of data formats (parquet, csv, avro, etc.)
- Experience working in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands-on development mentality with a willingness to solve complex problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves (not required):
- Experience programming in Python or another high-level language
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Apache NiFi, Data Visualization, Jupyter/Zeppelin, Linux
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with financial datasets